Welcome to another Doctor Money Matters episode. This episode is about striving for work life balance within the context of a dual physician couple. I talk with a physician couple, Drs. Nisha Mehta and Parag Butala from Charlotte, NC. They are both specialists in demanding fields (Nisha is a radiologist and Parag is a plastic surgeon).
In this episode we discuss:
- How they balance their professional goals between 2 high achievers
- What did each of them give up and how did they structure the life they want to lead
- How does their typical day go?
- The reality that you won’t be able to be the best in all aspects of your life everyday.
- Parag’s bucket strategy
- They talk about their hopes for their children
- How Nisha’s “side gig” has grown and altered her balance and how they both have to frequently reassess their lives
- General financial advice they have for other physicians
I really enjoyed talking with Nisha and Parag and this impressive couple really has a great perspective about the life they want to lead. It’s not always an easy path but financial independence is a tool to help us achieve this ultimate goal.
Nisha’s blog can be found at nishamehtamd.com
Please let your friends know about this podcast by sharing it on text, whatsapp or whatever social media platform you are on.
More episodes of this podcast are available at www.doctormoneymatters.com and Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, etc. All episodes are also now on YouTube (Audio only) and Facebook.
You can follow me on twitter @drmoneymatters
Please consider joining the Doctor Money Matters Facebook group where we discuss many of the topics addressed on the podcast.
Nisha’s Physician Side Gigs group is also on facebook and many of you are already part of it. I encourage you to join if you haven’t done so.
Thanks for listening and please leave us positive reviews and continue to share this podcast with your colleagues.
Some other physician hosted podcasts that I recommend are:
The White Coat Investor
There are many others, so please support your physician colleagues.
Leave a Reply