This is a special episode of the podcast in which I am introducing a new project I am working on with Dr. Disha of the Frugal Physician. We are starting a YouTube series called What’s Up Docs? to talk about what’s trending in physician social media.
In this episode we discuss:
- a proposed residency for nurse practitioners and physician assistants in emergency medicine that had physicians in an uproar, particularly because they were going to be paid more than PGY3 EM residents. This program is not going to happen, but boy did it get everyone talking. This came from a thread on Reddit.
- We talk about the Berkshire Hathaway letter.
- We talk about the change of the USMLE to a pass fail exam.
- A surgeon who was shot and killed and the threat of violence upon healthcare workers.
- Whether we should pay down mortgages or invest.
Thanks for listening. To see the video, please check it out and subscribe on YouTube.
Finally please join me and Stephanie Tsang, CFP on March 9 for our free college financial planning webinar. Sign up here or on the Doctor Money Matters Facebook group or message me on Twitter or Facebook or send me an email at email@example.com